The Business Analyst as a member of a core Project Team will report directly to the IT PMO Director, and must be familiar with general project management, software development and\or application implementation methodologies. Using recognized business analysis toolsets\skillsets (As those defined by the International Institute of Business Analyst IIBA in their body of knowledge) shall demonstrate in all assignments appropriate competencies in leading, researching, facilitating, documenting, analyzing and presenting findings or alternative approaches within the initiation phase (Scoping) of the project.
- The BA will document business, application, and system scenarios and identify the stakeholders (systems or people) impacted any proposed solutions, while adhering to proper change management procedures.
- In some cases, where such templates or process do not exist the BA should be familiar with industry practices and may be required to mentor others.
- The BA should be familiar with standard functional and process decomposition techniques and able to model business processes and generate applicable scenarios for the technology which may include functionality and security testing.
- The BA will be responsible to identify, assess, and document business requirements, recommend business priorities, and advise business on options, risks, and costs.
- Conduct research to determine the state of solutions able to meet the business requirements, within or outside the current infrastructures, and determine whether such solutions are feasible
- Analyze impact of proposed solution across the business, develop use cases to explain/demonstrate business requirements/specifications to IT team, and contribute a business or process perspective during design reviews.
- The BA should be adept at translating business and technical requirements into test plans and ensure that the proper testing is completed.
- The BA may be required to develop and/or participate in training sessions, demos, and required to document the outcomes of these meetings or sessions through a process of peer review, validation, and submission.
- The BA will be required to work across multiple servicing teams which may include MassIT, EOHHS Shared Services, Security, and the Agency representatives.
- The Business Analyst will work closely with the Business and Information Technologies (IT) leadership to proactively identify, develop, and drive short-term and long-term strategies.
- The BA will adhere to all required project status and reporting requirement as defined by the Project Manager and/or IT PMO Manager, while ensuring compliance with all other policies and procedures.
- This position requires someone who can understand both the big picture as well as detailed requirements, and act as the go to person for requirement explanation, clarifications and issue resolution.
- The Business Analyst should be able to understand how the requirements map to the technical solution and ensure scope and requirements of projects are met through the implementation.
- Collaborate with business owners, end users, and Subject Matter Experts to gather and document business requirements
Gathers business requirements through a variety of techniques (e.g. work sessions and interviews) and facilitates Joint Application design workshops (Business).
- Write use cases, business rules, and other artifacts such as swim lane diagrams and activity flow diagrams to effectively articulate and represent business processes, desired outcomes, and requirement
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, creatively develop new solutions to existing problems, break down high level information into details and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Establish practices and procedures that work towards the continuous improvement of the requirements process.
- Track issues, report risks, follow up on open items.
- Demonstrated experience in root cause analysis and tracking, problems, issues and their resolutions.
- Requires excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and teamwork skills and ability to interact well with business users/technical teams’/project managers/vendors/senior management Preferred Qualifications
- Strong business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
- Strategic thinker, with ability to quickly assess and summarize information and effectively identify issues or risks and potential resolutions.
- Experience with Business Analysis in a systems design and development environment.
- Highly organized with strong analytical, problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Capable of building trusted relationships with stakeholders, senior managers, front-line leaders and employees at all levels.
- Well-developed facilitation and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Proficient using computer-based tools including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Possess strong organizational, presentation and customer service skills
- Possess excellent problem-solving, analytical and time management skills.
- Experience maintaining operational confidentiality of sensitive information.
- History of professional growth as evidenced by the acquisition of professional development